Written by Paul J. Bucknell on February, 29, 2020
Prayer Letter #339
Do not be Anxious!
Dear Prayer Partners,
Chaos engulfs the world with the spreading WuHan virus (Covid-19). Are cities really on lockdown? Is this version of the Coronavirus that dangerous? I’m still not sure of it being any worse than the flu that hits America each year. On the other hand, why is China shutting down cities and the companies that it depends upon? In either case, we need to pray and plan carefully.
For me, that means each of three conferences I will be attending or speaking at between March and May will be carefully monitored. They might be closed down as other conferences have been, or they might not be. As a speaker, I still need to prepare. Since the first two are in Chinese, I need to recharge my Chinese! The third, Short Term Ministry (STM), is scheduled for early May if all works out.
The media hypes the dangers of this Coronavirus—for good or bad, only time will tell. Meanwhile, BFF pages on anxiety, stress, and worry become all the more vital. Pray that God would powerfully use these teachings to help people have the peace of God. One of my earliest books: Overcome Anxiety: Finding Peace, Discovering God is included in the links below.
- God has given me a very productive time of writing in January and February.
- We delight in the time to help Aron and Allison and newborn, James Walter.
- Readership is up!
Please pray for:
- I am spending more time on mentoring and discussions, often with those overseas.
- Pray for wisdom in the planning and blessing of the three upcoming seminars: March, April, and May (Philippines).
- Pray for my preparations in Chinese.
- Preparing for a heavier speaking schedule in April.
- Pray for great blessing on our web resources and books, especially at these times.