Written by Paul J. Bucknell on January, 12, 2023
Prayer Letter #377
Living by His Promises
Dear Prayer Partners,
Last year, I wrote and spoke on Philippians 1:6 numerous times; it provides the needed direction for His work: “He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” We depend on God’s wisdom and strength to complete His purpose. This is true with our efforts at BFF too! So what does God want to do?
One challenge that I am actively processing is an international 24/7 web radio station. Since 2000, BFF has been surfing the crest of an ongoing wave of technology. They are already warning how the new AI (Artificial Intelligent) computers might replace the web search as we know it (and eradicate the need for homework.) ChatGTP is already functioning, with an upgrade coming soon. A brother in India said most people listen to radio web.
I thought through how many hundreds of audio resources we have, even bilingual ones. We could have one hour on overcoming anxiety, and another on having a good marriage, etc. Then we could have several international channels. Once set up, it’s mainly automatic, but I think I need to do a lot of intros and fillers. So pray for our goal to reach the nations; this seems to be an additional effective means.
Right now, as God provides time, we will organize our mp3 audio and see what is available. Do pray as we seriously consider this. Is it a distraction or an increase in God’s purpose through us?
- Being extra sensitive to cold, we appreciate the more moderate climate here. Paul loves watching the trees ready for their early spring blossoms while Linda watches the birds.
- Thank the Lord for the grace to preach this last Sunday (at RCCC).
- God brought in more income at the end of last year.
- Paul has been able to produce and post about two weekly articles, sometimes accompanied by a video. (See newest here.)
- The Burmese translation for our book, “Life in the Spirit!” is completed.
Happy New Year
- Seek God’s wisdom and help to administer and narrate web radio.
- The brother who translated is seeking $500. to print and distribute 500 copies of Burmese Life in the Spirit, partly to give free to pastors who cannot afford it and partly to sell in Christian bookstores. It seems a strategic request, seeing the confusion on the Spirit’s work.
- Pray for unity within the church. This seems to be this year’s central theme. Paul hopes to finish a mid-sized book on this theme, challenging the church at large.
- We appreciate our recent health and better realize its essential to effectiveness.
- Our son, Isaac, here, is applying for software apprentice positions.