Written by Paul J. Bucknell on December, 05, 2019
Prayer Letter #336
Onwards to the Goal
Dear Prayer Partners,
Each year, for the BFF board meeting, I prepare the ministry’s facts and figures to present. Perhaps, I can share some with you. Although there is much mentoring, consulting, praying, writing, translation projects, editing, etc., going on behind the scenes, our web resources still stand as the most visible projection of BFF’s distribution of resources. Our quality biblical resources are not just growing in terms of quantity, but the number of foreign language resources and readership.
For example—completed today—the final translations of The Life Core: The Heart of Great Training into Chinese and Principles and Practices of Biblical Parenting into Hindi. The Next Step followup team will use the first at the CMC’19. Perhaps, 200-300 people interested in full-time ministry, perhaps in missions, receive this book in their native language. Many churches are crying out for godly leaders. The Life Core shows how to develop these godly leaders.
The BFF readership is growing. You may remember that the new website is now functional with new articles being posted regularly. The old BFF website, however, still holds most of the resources and receives a larger readership. The old website, because it is not in mobile format, will slowly lose readership due to Google’s favoring of mobile websites. How glad we are to have this new, though still in development, BFF website! By mid-December, the combination of both websites, readership should reach over 5 million pages viewed (not hits). This will be a first-time goal!
- We are thankful for keeping our appliances going. On Thanksgiving Eve, our fridge started leaking, and our gas cookstove smoked and died. I got two burners going for our 18 guests, family, and friends, who joined us for Thanksgiving the next day! Nor has our fridge broken down!
- Praise the Lord the Chinese translation of The Life Core is finished so we could print it off for the coming CMC mission conference.
- I hit a deer on the highway! Fortunately, the Lord protected us. We could drive the remaining way home with no further incident. All is well. (I’m bringing the car in today for repairs.)
Please pray for:
- I plan to attend the Chinese Missions Convention at the year’s end. CMC’19 is a five-day Chinese and English mission conference in Baltimore starting right after Christmas. Pray for the right opportunities for me there.
- Pray for the Lord to use: The Life Core: The Heart of Great Training for those who come forward seeking direction into missions.
- Keep praying towards full support to the end of the year.
- Pray for God’s full blessings on the 8-9000 people across the world who read the BFF resources each day.
- Daily wisdom as I write and edit.