Written by Paul J Bucknell on February, 08, 2023
Prayer Letter #378
Renewal and Hope
Dear Prayer Partners,
How do Christians grow spiritually? I’ve thought much about this question through the years. The Lord has actively led me to create the first of three books that take us to the heart of the matter—how we hear and interact with God through His Word.
This three-book series follows the three levels of discipleship: (1) Learn how to understand God’s Word to give us a proper perspective; (2) Master how to respond to the many devices used by the evil one to frustrate us; and (3) Learn how to go deeper through Biblical meditation. The first book is being published: Renew Your Life Through Daily Devotions, Book 1 of the series: Quality Time with God. (Free download available here for you during February.)
Pray for renewal for God’s people as they catch a fresh glimpse of what God desires to do in them each day.
Please keep Linda in your prayers as she goes through various tests (not testings) for her heart. You will remember that the Lord healed her heart about 9 years ago. Afterward, she even joined me on a training trip to Taiwan and Burma. More recently, however, her heart has been acting strangely with a bit of discomfort.
• A little garden work refreshes Paul and Linda. Yesterday, Linda pulled up a few carrots; they worked together to trim the butterfly bush.
• Paul appreciates the Lord’s help with writing—sometimes, he feels God has done all of it. God is good!
• Praise God for His leadership of BFF all these years.
• The sermon went well at the Raleigh Chinese Christian Church (in English).
• The Burmese translation for “Building a Great Marriage” has been updated with a web-friendly font!
• Pray for Linda’s heart and a good evaluation by her doctors.
• Seek God for renewal for the church, partly using this book to spur God’s people on in their relationship with Him.
• Keep praying for the internet radio opportunity. This will require much more preparation and has taken a back seat to the demanding book on unity that Paul is now writing.
• Paul has completed most of the writing for the book on unity in the church at large, but much rigorous editing work needs to be done. Paul follows where led, but he certainly needs God’s grace each step through this!