Written by Paul J Bucknell on August, 28, 2021
Prayer Letter #357
Running Which Way?
Dear Prayer Partners,
I just took a look at last month’s letter. What a surprise! Being so involved here, I forgot that we had a great trip to Pittsburgh and Boston last month. Time speeds by faster and faster!
I am often busy writing and recording new teaching articles. It’s great to hear how God is using many BFF website articles. Summer web page views on both BFF websites are encouraging. In July, 16,000 daily page views; August 20,000. Yesterday, a Dad called asking for a printed book, Running the Race. He said the advice on overcoming lust was the best. I had to tell him that this book has yet to be published.
I was delighted to receive a few e-books, in English and Bisaya, from Pastor Lito in the Philippines, who translates and prints to train leaders on the far-reaches of southern Philippines. I can’t yet travel, but God is sending His word forth!
We had a good church retreat here last weekend. It was good to get used to having small children here! Paul spoke in Chinese at the worship service and zoomed to their home church since they don’t have a pastor. That was different!
The Chinese seminar is coming up in late September, with Pastor Hugo Cheng as the key speaker. The topic is One in the Spirit. The Life Core seminar (in English) September 9-11, is not far off (video). Learn how to train up leaders within the church. Come and consider bringing someone with you!
Do pray for us as we seek attendees and for the Spirit to powerfully work in His people. It’s embarrassing to state that no one has signed up yet for the two September seminars. We realize it’s hard with high virus counts, but the Lord regularly reminds us that we are here for His work. He has to do the motivating, protecting, renewing work. We simply follow Him and encourage you to pray!
Since January, we have been preparing the three houses with 12 bedrooms (2 of them for lodging). It takes a bit of work, especially when running on a limited budget. We are about to finish the task.
- Thank the Lord for a brother who put us in contact with old attendees.
- Sermons and writing in August went well.
- Paul and Linda are still waiting for full reports on our physicals but nothing hindering us in our service. But do pray for continued good health to serve.
- Paul appreciates walking down the path and jumping in the lake most days for a brief but beautiful swim.
- We thank the Lord for times to enjoy being with our children and grandchildren.
- Manny, the 13 year-old mature Christian pastor’s son, is out of the hospital but waiting for a heart and donations. Updates.
- Pray for Paul as he prepares and, Lord willing, teaches The Life Core seminar (9/9-11); and sermon prep for Sept 19. (I like this assigned title: How the God of the Impossible Provides Security.)
- The CLRC’s annual Chinese seminar has been the highlight of this ministry. The topic on unity: One in the Spirit (9/30-10/2), is crucial, but we need God to move the leaders to sign-up and for insights and wisdom for the key speaker, Pastor Hugo.
- Blessings on those reading the 20,000 BFF web pages each day.
Let CLRC host your small group, youth group, church retreat, personal/family get-away, or join one of our upcoming CLRC seminars.