Written by Paul J. Bucknell on April, 17, 2020
Prayer Letter #341
Dear Prayer Partners,
We hope you are all well, but I suspect that this wish will continue even past the Covid-19 problem when the coming financial mess unfolds.
Society might have slowed down, but my work has not! I just cranked out three videos today. I launched my new book on Good Friday weekend, Dying to Self: The Spiritual Discipline that Leads to Renewal. I am excited by how the regular practice of this spiritual discipline enables us to break through any spiritual dullness. I hope to continue this discipline until my last day on earth.
You might be wondering how the course on Overcoming Anxiety: Finding Peace, Discovering God is going. Everything has been going great. I have been able to produce two sections each week; each includes three video lessons and handouts. I have two sections yet to prepare. Our students now number over 60. Please pray for them and join us! courses.bffbible.org
Meanwhile, another major project called ‘Life App,’ after many delays has a new burst of energy. It still is not in app form or by any means completed, but Jesse, a seminary student, has contributed a lot of time to help formalize and test the initial set of questions. The Life App begins with a series of questions to help develop a spiritual profile. I have, in turn, (thanks to the extra motivation!) created ten 5-minute teaching videos to help those who take the quiz understand how Christian life develops on seven trajectories, and, more importantly, get a clear picture of what spiritual maturity looks like. If you are interested in helping us to test/perfect this, please click here. If you leave an email address, I will give send you the teaching videos that explain each area of development.
- I am so thankful for the twenty-six 15-minute videos already created for the Overcoming Anxiety course as well as the 50+ students.
- Praise God, the book, Dying to Self, is now available—after two years of work.
- I’m thankful for my first Zoom class for church training.
- We are thankful that our family is fine, though several children have temporarily lost their jobs.
- It’s exciting to see lots of development on the Life app.
Please pray for:
- Pray for the power of the Spirit of God to help many people overcome anxiety.
- Pray for Pastor Jacob, who teaches this class each Sunday in Cameroon.
- Keep praying for our funding. It is much less than last year, though our confidence is that God will provide.
- I need lots of wisdom as I continue to produce video training, articles, and books. Pain and Pleasure was my last article.
- Preaching on May 3 at our home church’s mission conference.